- 1 pkg Broccoli slaw
- 1 bunch scallions – chopped
- 1 cup peanuts (shelled and skinned) If small, leave whole: if large, coarsely chop
- 1/2 cup roasted and salted sunflower nuts
- 2 pkgs of Ramen oriental flavor noodle soup – crumble noodles – save seasoning packets for dressing
- Ramen noodle seasoning packets
- 1/2 cup peanut oil
- 1/3 cup granulated sugar
In large bowl, mix together:
Broccoli slaw, scallions, peanuts, sunflower seeds and crumbled raw oriental noodles from soup mix.
In a jar with a lid, mix together: Oil, sugar, cider vinegar and seasoning packets from oriental noodle soup. Shake well to mix. Pour immediately over broccoli slaw mixture and toss to coat well.
Cover salad with lid or plastic wrap and refrigerate for at least 2 hours. Toss a few times before serving. Serve as a side salad. Serving size approximately 1/2 cup
Yield: Serves 12
Powder Springs, GA
Recipe Courtesy of the Plains Peanut Festival Recipe Contest