- 1/2 cup unseasoned rice wine vinegar
- 1/3 cup peanut oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 teaspoon minced garlic
- 1/2 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons soy sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons hot sauce
- 1 1/2 teaspoons fresh minced ginger
- 2 tablespoons lime or lemon juice
- 1/3 cup coarsely chopped salted peanuts
To prepare dressing, whisk together all the dressing ingredients except peanuts. Stir in peanuts just before mixing with salad.
- 1 1/2 pounds cooked, rare roast beef sirloin, cut into 1 1/2 x 1/4-inch strips (about 4 cups)
- 2 medium cucumbers, peeled, seeded and sliced 1/4 inch thick (about 2 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 pound snow peas, stemmed, blanched 30 seconds
- 1/2 pound bean sprouts
- 1 3/4 cups julienned red peppers (about 2 medium)
- 2 cups finely sliced red cabbage
- 1 cup thinly sliced green onions
- lettuce leaves
- 1/2 cup chopped salted peanuts
To prepare salad, combine the beef, cucumbers, snow peas, bean sprouts, peppers, cabbage and onions with dressing. To serve, arrange salad on lettuce leaves. Sprinkle with peanuts.
Makes 6 servings.