- 1 medium can crushed pineapple (drain and save juice)
- 2 cups mini-marshmallows
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 beaten egg
- 2 teaspoons corn starch
- 1 tablespoon vinegar
- 4 large red apples (diced with skins on)
- 4 large green (Granny Smith) apples (diced with skins on)
- 1 12oz can skinless peanuts (not salt free)
- 2 packages of whipped topping mix (such as dream whip) prepare as directed
Mix marshmallows and drained crushed pineapple in a small bowl, cover and refrigerate 3 hours or overnight. In a small saucepan, combine pineapple juice, beaten egg, sugar, cornstarch and vinegar, stirring and cooking on medium heat until thick. Cool and place in small bowl refrigerate 3 hours or overnight.
In a large mixing bowl, mix the above ingredients (after refrigerating specified time) with the apples, peanuts and whipped topping. Place in a large serving bowl and watch it disappear!! Taste just like peanut covered caramel apples!!
Yield: 10-12 servings
Recipe Courtesy of the Plains Peanut Festival Recipe Contest