|Green bell peppers, peeled, seeded||2 ea.|
|Chile peppers, green or red, peeled, seeded||2 ea.|
|Tomato paste||¼ cup|
|Water (divided use)||2 cups|
|Extra virgin olive oil||½ cup|
|Chile paste||2 Tbsp.|
|Caraway seeds||1 Tbsp.|
|Ground black pepper||¼ tsp.|
|Peanuts, smoked or toasted||1 cup|
|Chickpeas||As needed for garnish|
|Cilantro, chopped||As needed for garnish|
|Black olives, whole, pitted||As needed for garnish|
- Dissolve tomato paste in one cup of the water and set aside.
- Toss the bell pepper and chile pepper into a food processor or blender and puree for 10-15 seconds.
- In a large skillet, heat the olive oil over high heat; add the pureed peppers, tomato water, paprika, chile paste, caraway seeds, salt and pepper. Pour in the remaining cup of water. When mixture reaches a boil reduce heat to medium-low and simmer for 10 minutes. Then increase heat to medium for an additional 10 minutes.
- Place mixture in large paella pan. Add in smoked or toasted peanuts.
- Crack the eggs into the pan without breaking the yolks and cook in sauce over medium heat until they set, about 15 minutes.
- Garnish with cilantro, chickpeas and black olives. Enjoy!
Per Serving: Calories 422; total fat 36g (saturated fat 6g, calories from fat 324); cholesterol 190mg; sodium 758mg; potassium 509mg; carbohydrates 14g; fiber 5g; protein 14g; sugar 5g; vitamin A 15% DV; Vitamin C 68% DV; calcium 9% DV; iron 17% DV
This Moroccan inspired peanut recipe is high in protein and is sure to help keep you satisfied throughout the day.