- 2 tsp. peanut oil
- 1 large onion, chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 can (8 oz.) tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup water
- 2 teaspoons chili powder
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cauliflower (about 2 1/2 pounds), broken into large florets
- 2 carrots, cut into 1/2-inch slices
- 1 green pepper, cut into 1 1/2-inch pieces
- 1/3 cup regular or reduced fat creamy peanut butter
- 8 ounces couscous, pasta or rice, cooked
In a 5-quart dutch oven, heat oil over medium-high heat. Add onion and garlic; cook, stirring frequently, 3 to 5 minutes or until onion is translucent. Stir in tomato sauce, water, chili powder and salt. Add cauliflower, carrots and green pepper; bring to boil. Reduce heat, cover and simmer 15 minutes. Stir in peanut butter. Cover and simmer 5 minutes longer or until vegetables are tender. Serve with couscous, pasta or rice.
Makes 4 servings.
From Best Foods