- 1 cup chunky style peanut butter
- 1 cup honey
- 1/4 cup fresh shredded ginger
- Juice of one lemon
- 1 tsp. lemon zest
- Four 5-6 skinless, boneless chicken breasts
- 1 cup shelled, roasted peanuts, crushed to “graham cracker crumb consistency” (reserve 2 T. for honey peanut sauce)
Peanut Marinated Grilled Chicken Breasts with a Warm Honey Peanut Sauce
Mix the peanut butter, honey, ginger, lemon juice, and zest well.
Marinate the chicken breast in this mixture overnight.
Grill these chicken breasts over medium heat on a preheated grill that has been sprayed with vegetable spray. Grill the chicken, basting with remaining marinade until thoroughly cooked, turning every 7-8 minutes.
Remove from grill and coat with the crushed peanuts, using pressure to press crumbs to adhere to chicken. Place back on grill over very low heat 2-3 minutes to “warm” this coating.
Honey Peanut Sauce
- 3/4 cup honey
- 2 tbsp. crushed roasted peanuts
Mix these together well, warm in microwave.
Drizzle each chicken breast with the warm honey peanut sauce, serve immediately.
Garnish with fresh parsley and lemon slices.
Yield: Four 5-oz portions
Recipe Courtesy of the Plains Peanut Festival Recipe Contest