- 1 1/2 lbs. flank steak, fat trimmed
- 1/4 cup orange juice
- 3 Tbls. reduced sodium soy sauce
- 2 Tbls. creamy peanut butter
- 1 1/2 Tbls. julienne sliced orange peel
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 1/2 tsps. curry powder
- 1/2 tsp. red wine vinegar
- 1/4 tsp. crushed red pepper
- 1 Tbl. peanut oil
- 2 medium green pepper, cut into 1/2-inch wide strips
- 2 Tbls. chopped green onions
- 2 oranges peeled and sectioned
Two hours or the night before: Diagonally cut beef, against the grain, into slices 1/4-inch thick and 4-inches long. In a bowl, combine orange juice, soy sauce, peanut butter, orange peel, garlic, curry powder, vinegar and red pepper. Stir to blend. Add beef and toss to coat evenly. Cover and marinate in the refrigerator for at least 2 hours or overnight.
Over high heat, heat oil in deep skillet or wok. Add beef mixture. Cook and stir 2 minutes. Remove beef from skillet with slotted spoon. Add green peppers to skillet and cook about 5 minutes. Stir in green onions and return beef to skillet. Cook about 1 minute more. Makes 6 servings. Garnish each serving with orange sections.
Courtesy of the Georgia Peanut Commission.