Yield: 24 portions
- 1 lb Fresh mozzarella, coarsely chopped
- ½ lb. Dry Jack, shredded
- 1 cup Peanuts, chopped (or coarse-ground)
- ½ cup Basil
- ¼ cup Mint
- 1 ea. Fresh green chiles, finely chopped
- ½ cup Raisins golden
- 2 tsp. Lemon Juice
- ¼ cup Peanut oil
- 24 ea. Grape leaves, young, tender, in brine
- Pita chips, to serve, as needed
- Edible flower petals, for garnish, as needed
- 1 pt Yogurt
- 3 ea. Garlic cloves, minced
- 1 Tbsp. Mint, chopped
- Salt and Pepper to taste
- Combine all ingredients except the grape leaves in a large bowl; mix and work it until soft and able to shape.
- Section off 2-ounce portions or an amount that will fit into the grape leaves. Wrap each portion with a grape leave as if wrapping an egg roll. Brush with peanut oil.
- Grill until slightly charred, or bake in a 375ºF oven for about 10 minutes, or until cheese is slightly melted.
- For the yogurt sauce: Combine all ingredients; season to taste with salt and pepper.
- Serve the stuffed grape leaves hot with pita chips and yogurt sauce. Garnish with flower petals.
© 2011 The Culinary Institute of America
Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to The Peanut Institute.