Yield: 4 portions
Caribbean spice rub
- ½ cup Peanut flour
- ¼ cup Light brown sugar, packed
- ½ cup Masa harina
- 1 Tbsp. Kosher salt
- ½ tsp. Cayenne
- 2 Tbsp. Peanut oil
- 2 ea. Chicken breast, skinless and boneless cut in ½” lengthwise strips
- Peanuts, roasted and chopped, for garnish as needed
- ½ cup Peanut butter, smooth
- ½ cup Sour cream or vanilla yogurt
- Preheat the oven to 350ºF.
- For the Caribbean spice rub: Combine the peanut, brown sugar, masa harina salt, and cayenne in a bowl.
- Place the chicken in a large bowl. Toss first in peanut oil and then add to 1 tablespoon of the spice rub; toss to coat evenly.
- Place the strips in the preheated oven on a sheet of foil. Bake until cooked through.
- For the peanut sauce: Combine the peanut butter and yogurt.
- Divide the chicken and peanut sauce among 4 plates, garnish with peanuts, and serve immediately.
© 2011 The Culinary Institute of America
Recipe developed by The Culinary Institute of America as an industry service to The Peanut Institute.